Tuesday, March 27, 2012

On the sewing table....

I should really say whats on the cutting table as that's what I'm up to at the moment, its Ava by Victory Patterns, this dress is so me, when I saw it, just a few days before this post, I thought yes I'll go back and buy that, then I forgot what site it was on, so I was thrilled when saw Alana's post.

I've got another wedding coming up in early May, this one was a surprise, as the couple didn't intend on marrying for a few years, but the groom's mother is very sick, hence the wedding. I'm sad for the couple & his family, but I'm also happy for them. The wedding is in the Dandenong ranges, which will be beautiful but freezing.


Alfred Nichols garden in the dandies.
 I plan on wearing the Ava dress, with a really warm coat! I have 2.6 metres of highly textured dark blue dupioni, this photo is a pretty accurate colour wise.  I plan to buy some black lace tomorrow, which is my last day of holidays.


 I've really enjoyed my time off, I'm so much more relaxed now. I think I will be in the future as well, as I now have a new job!! I'm transferring to our head office, so no more selling, working weekends, or working during the crazy season. Wwwwwwwwwoooooooooohhhhhhhhhoooooooooooo
I gave them my resume on Monday, had an interview on Tuesday, got the job Wednesday. I have to say I'm pretty pleased with myself, this is the 8th job I've applied for and gotten! I will be commuting by train so I'm looking forward to reading etc for 2 hours everyday.
I now have to make some work appropriate clothes, any thoughts?

Thanks for reading,

Kat




3 comments:

  1. Aww, that's where we got married! (In December though, it was a beautiful warm day!) No suggestions for work appropriate clothes though, I'm still a student :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good pencil skirt, and a good pleated skirt, plus a few button-up collared shirts (maybe Colette Patterns' Violet?) - I live in that sort of thing for work.

    And - I absolutely love your red floral linen dress. You did such an amazing job - the fit is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a pretty casual work environment I think, the receptionist was wearing a leopard print mini skirt, I was shocked! I also saw women dressed up but not in suits, I think I'll start off more formalish and just go from there, although simplicity 2444 & 2588 will be making an appearance.

    ReplyDelete