Saturday, March 31, 2012

Fabric Friday

Note: due to Blogger scheduling error, this is getting published today, not yesterday.
I am very proud of my fabric collection, I don't think it's massive but I've been told it is, I love all the fabric that I have. I'd like to share with you some of my new fabric.

Last Tuesday I was in the city area for my job interview, I had a lot of time to kill before I had to catch the train home, so I reluctantly wandered down to Tessuti's, they have a lot more of fabric than the last time I visited!
I found some swimwear fabric which I couldn't live without, and a remnant piece called Tamarillo Wash Finish, its a beautiful colour and so soft to touch, I'd love to make a blouse for my new job. The Tessuti ladies are so friendly and I love chatting about sewing with like minded people.

swim wear left, tamarillo right.

After leaving Tessuti's I walked down Flinders lane to the Nicholas Building, I've been determined to go to Buttonmania for a while, as I was walking up the stairs I got distracted by all the other stores that I didn't go in. I'll have to return and when I do I'll get a covered belt done for my Ava dress. I then continued down Finders lane, I took a detour to Lincraft, I was so uninspired, I quickly left.

I then made my way to Cleg's, ah how I enjoy "visiting" cleg's, I do wish I wore McCall's 6350 dress to show them. I spent ages looking at everything, nothing really took my fancy until I saw this slinky poly/spandex knit, I thought it would be suitable for a knit dress, so I got 3 metres. I hate not having enough fabric when I go to make something so I try to buy a little extra.



So that's all my new fabric, while I haven't imposed a ban on myself, I have to love a fabric before I take it home, which is pretty reasonable. My sewing teacher, class mate Sally and myself are going on a fabric shopping trip in two weeks time, who knows what will come home with me. Have you bought anything lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment