Friday, November 21, 2014

Versace in the middle of Africa

About a year ago I was gifted some beautiful Versace knit fabric from my lovely sewing teacher Liz. I had admired and tried on her version of Kwik Sew 3036 which is a sleeper pattern/brand in my opinion.

After some indecisiveness I decided to copy her combination of pattern and fabric, changing the neckline to the other version. I wanted the chain to sit below the bust to minimise my after birth stomach. Obviously from the photo that did not happen. So this top was not worn until 11.5 months after the toddler was born. 

My mum tried it on and in her opinion it looked better on her so I gave it to her begrudgingly. So now she has a Versace top while living in Africa. Shirley, you better bring it back with you. :)



Thankfully not all is lost, I picked up 1.7metres of the same fabric at the 2013 Boxing Day sale at Clegs. Now what to do with that?!

 
Details:
Pattern: Kwik Sew 3036
Size: 16 straight. Then taken in from the armpits by 2.5cm on each side. 
Fabric: Versace knit purchased from the cloth shop Ivanhoe. 
Alternations: 2.3cm sway back adjustment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment