Monday, October 4, 2010

a pledge to myself...

I, Kat, do solemnly swear not to buy or borrow any patterns, to try with all my might to stay away from tempting sites like BMV.com, eBay and etsy, even if there is a sale on.

To show self control & restraint in a lady like manner, and to think of the piles of patterns that I have at home and the many, many exciting projects a head whenever I see something I like.

To make a minium of 8 dresses from the patterns I have already, before I consider buying anymore patterns.

To realise in life I can not have everything, so I shouldn't try to buy everything........

Kat

3 comments:

  1. Oh boy, did you get sucked into the BMV sale, too?
    ;) Alana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya! I have been trying to do the exact same thing since we got back from our holiday. Just before we went I bought 6 new patterns in a sale at Spotlight. I need to sew them before I buy anymore but so far I have only made 1. The second is sitting in my sewing room waiting to be cut out. But luckily the weather is starting to warm up and all the patterns I bought were summer ones so that should help me along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahem, sucked in??? No way, I was planning on buying some! (Reality sets in) um yes I was sucked in, but I did get the Betty pattern Alana, I can't wait to make it! Hopefully it arrives today. I did restrain myself and only get um 6 more. Eek!

    ReplyDelete