Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Beautiful Blogger Award

I was touched when Alana from lazy stitching tagged me for the beautiful blogger award. I'm still new in blog land so you all don't know a lot about me so here it goes.

  • Hello my name is Kat and I'm a pattern addict ahem collector.
  • I have a a (non identical) twin sister.
  • I got married in March 2009. It was the best day of my life to date. I can't put into words properly, how much I love my husband, B. I sometimes think my heart will explode as I love him so much. 
  • My parents live in Uganda, Eastern Africa. I miss them very much.
  • I hope in the far, far future to have red headed children. B is a ginger ninja. I'm thrilled. ;)
  • I work in retails, oh the joy. I hope to get a new job/career soon.
  • We are soon to buy our first house, in a country town about an hour away from Melbourne. I feel my life is changing in such a good way, the house we are set on buying (nothing is confirmed at this stage,but will most likely happen) is a period house, its everything I ever wanted in a house except it doesn't have a walk in wardrobe. :( That will be fixed ;). I never thought that I would get everything I wanted in one house. When we work out the details, I'll show photos. We are waiting for my father in law to get back from holiday to start negotiating on the price. It will be a private sale from the owners to us. (side note: my husband recently bought a boat and the deal we struck was he gets a boat and I get a walk in robe, sort of like the Carrie's out of SintC, so that will be done after we move in. Aren't I a lucky girl?)
  • I love vintage style clothing, especially the 50's, the small waist, the big full skirts to me, celebrates being a woman. Size 12 or 14 in the 50's was considered to be normal. By some people in society now 12 or 14 is considered over weight, and size 6 and 8 normal. I think whatever size you are, if your happy and healthy, then that's all that matters.
  • I love to talk, about anything and everything.
  • I don't think I'm that good at sewing, in fact my teacher recently told me that I needed years of practise if I wanted to improve. Boy did that make me feel good. But what I lack in skills I make up in enthusiasms. I think that's a good thing. Also I learn from my mistakes.
I was going to show what I ordered in the BMV sale last week, but my computer is freezing up so I'll leave it for tonight. Thanks for reading.

Kat

1 comment:

  1. That was such a good post! Great to learn all those things about you. I am sure your sewing will improve without years of practice because you are so enthusiastic. Just keep sewing and you will get better. I have only been sewing consistently for 2 years and the improvement I have seen in my own projects is massive.

    ReplyDelete