Monday, April 8, 2013

Gifts for Ginger.

Whilst I was planning the sewing social, Suzy from Suzy Bee Sews emailed me, telling me she would love to join us, and she would like to gift me a quilted cot blanket for Ginger.
Needless to say I was delighted, at prospect of meeting her and the lovely gift, I've seen quilts being made so I understand the time and effort that goes into making one.

Suzy gave me the quilt on the day of the sewing social fabric trip. I have to say how much I love this quilt, the colours are much brighter IRL and they are a perfect combination, the green really pops with the navy which is my all time favourite colour.



The back has a really interesting feature so if Ginger is sick on one side, I can just turn it over and it's still interesting, just joking. I can see this quilt becoming very handy and I have had a few compliments on it already.

I just want to say publicly a big thank you to Suzy, I love the quilt and you are an extremely generous person.

On the same day as Suzy gave me the quilt, Kirsty from Rocket Sews surprised me with this gorgeous sailor outfit!  The outfit fits in with Ginger's nautical themed nursery, which is coming along swimmingly. You can see better photos on her blog here. The size is 00, which will hopefully last him a while.

Front view

Back of the outfit.
Kirsty also sent the pattern which is by Burda, two pieces of lovely fabric and some buttons in the mail about two weeks later. I've managed to cut out the bottom for Ginger, but haven't gotten that far as I need to buy thicker elastic for the band. I have plans to make the outfit in navy cotton sateen, with white buttons, hopefully he won't look to OTT.

I have been really touched by the effort that my lovely sewing friends have made, I have one more present to share, which you may of seen, which will be in a later post when I blog about my baby shower and dress.

Look out for little thank you present in the mail, Kirsty and Suzy.

Scar update: Just in case you're wondering, after two infections in my scar, it is healing up nicely although it is still purple, hopefully another month or two and it will be completely healed up.

Kat

3 comments:

  1. That sailor outfit is gorgeous!! Everything looks cuter when it's in miniature ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 Such a lovely outfit and amazing quilt, really pretty!

    I just made my first quilt, I am in love!!

    Bundana

    http://bundana.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww that is so sweet! I love a good sailor outfit. I have 3 and Imogen has 2.

    ReplyDelete