Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Birthday and sewing

Taken at Alfred Nichols Garden.
What a crazy 3 weeks it been since I last posted.

I had a lovely birthday, I was completely spoilt by my friends and family and there were a few surprises on the weekend! I felt pretty sore after a rough couple of games of Dodgem carts but it was so much fun!
I was shocked with my presents but it was a good shocked, my in laws were very generous, giving me a wrought iron and; timber bench seat they painted it blue just for me, I also received a cross-stitch Christmas tree, which compliments my Amish cross-stitch which my mother in law made for our house warming. I really love embroidery as long as I don’t have to do it!

 Sewing wise I received the Colette Pattern handbook, and it is really lovely. The few times I have read it I have learnt new things. I can’t wait to get started onto the patterns although I’m going to make Chantilly, Rooibos and Crepe first, as I’ve had them the longest.

I still haven’t received my present from my sister although I know it will be a Cloth Shop voucher, I’m going to wait till mid-June to spend it as I don’t want to fall off the ban wagon.

We have 3 classes of sewing left till the end of the term and I’m determined to finish simplicity 2444 even if it kills me! I started it about a week before my birthday, but didn't get it finished in time.
I thought I would relax and enjoy my birthday rather than bust a gut getting the dress done.
I love the pattern and I love the bright yellow fabric but I’m just not feeling it with this dress, I think I have to move away from Cotton Sateen yet saying that I have at least 40 metres of it, maybe I should sell some of it on eBay?

The next dress I'm going to work on a long sleeve knit dress next as I don’t have any long sleeve dresses and with this cold weather hanging around I know I’ll need one or five! I'm thinking McCall's 5974 would fit what I want.

Thanks for reading!

Kat


No comments:

Post a Comment