Monday, January 2, 2017

A new start

Greetings, it's been a while hasn't it? 

I fell off the blogging bandwagon when I was having a tough time with life and never really got back on board, thanks to instagram. I feel the focus has changed from blogging to instagram which is usually just one photo per make, and I for one don't find that it's that effective for me and my sewing journey.

I find myself sucked into a world of sewing via social media, looking at fabric, patterns, searching for reviews, without actually doing any sewing, and that isn't a hobby is it? In order to change that, I am going to try and limit social media time, tidy up my sewing area, and keep a project out, and do what I can with the free time I get. 

I am also going to think about what I need in my wardrobe, rather than get excited about the latest indie release that I *must* purchase. I have an excessive amount of fabric and patterns and I am not ashamed of it, in fact, I get disappointed in it when I meet someone else with a larger stash than mine! Silly but true. I am going to shop from it this year, and use the beautiful fabric I have. It's not to say I won't buy more fabric throughout the year, but I do want to wear some of the fabric instead of storing it in a box. 

So I'll be blogging again, haphazardly and mainly using this platform to record my makes as my brain is mush these days. 

Happy sewing! 

Kat x

8 comments:

  1. You have expressed my exact feelings about instagram. ..that seems to be my hobby..not sewing now which is madness! And actually ig, although wonderful in some ways, mostly makes me feel depressed as I spend too much time comparing my lack of skills, finished garments, wonderful holidays/friends etc to all that "appear" to have these things. I was thinking about starting up my blog again too..If and when I actually make something. It has been 2.5months! So I look forward to reading what you get up to and seeing you in person too. And also, having others not just buying constantly will help me not do the same I hope ;) ;) :). Much love and happy new year kat x jen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comparison is the theif of joy, if I were ever to get a tattoo it would be that!
      I debate constantly about letting instagram go but I need to master it and not let it take over my life, but that is easy said than done.
      We have to catch up Jen! I'm happy to have sewing dates and we can swap locations! Much love to you!

      Delete
  2. I'm 76 yrs. old so my sewing life is mostly over. That said, I do enjoy all the info out there and often wish I had "known that" when I needed to. Like you, though, I feel a certain guilt at spending too much time shopping ideas without ever using them. Looking forward to your experiment. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting, I do appreciate it! Have you had a good sewing life? I think as long as you have fun, that's all there is to it, knowledge comes with time and unpicking. I love my hobby, it's made me value my time, and made some very strong friendship through sewing. I hope to sew up about 7 times this year which I think is achievable hopefully!

      Delete
  3. I held off Instagram because I really worried it would be a time suck. It is, but I'm so pleased with the connections I've made in the sewing world, including your lovely self! I'm with you on not needing any more patterns or fabric for a few months. Look forward to seeing what you make and remember a few minutes here and there add up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was blissfully unaware of the time trap when I signed up! Such is life, I'm very glad I met you Sarah! A few times now, mostly about cardigans, I have gone to blog and your post comes up and it's like you've read my mind!
      Looking forward to seeing what you make, and a catch up soon.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a good plan . It is hard when life is tough and busy and Social Media is so tempting to just veg out with .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trik Menang Bermain Situs Judi Sabung Ayam Online Yang Jarang Diketahui Klik Di Sini

    Informasi Terlengkap Mengenai Sabung Ayam
    https://sateayambv.blogspot.com/2018/11/penentuan-agen-s1288-yang-butuh-jadi.html/

    ReplyDelete